Homework is a vital part of the learning process. Since homework is an extension of curriculum taught in the classroom and provides opportunity to develop skills, parents are responsible for:
- providing a proper environment for the completion of assignments.
- supporting the authority of the teacher assigning the work.
- showing an interest in the child's work.
- checking neatness and completeness.
- giving individual help when necessary, always remaining patient and understanding.
- encouraging the child, rather than doing the work for him/her.
Suggested time allowances for homework are:
Grades K-3: 15-30 minutes per night
Grades 4-5: 30-45 minutes per night
Grades 6-8: 60-75 minutes per night
Ordinarily, homework is not given over weekends or holidays.
Care of Students with Diabetes
Health Services/ Medication Policy
Dress Code and Grooming Policy
Back to Top Share this page on